Sunday, October 18, 2009

Perfectly content.

You know that feeling you get when you take a step back and take a moment to be "in the moment?" I had one of those moments today. It was lovely.

We took a lovely drive with the family. The leaves are beautiful. The mountains are home. The lunch was delicious. The company was fabulous.

It was the perfect day and I remembered how my life is absolutely perfect. Don't get me wrong...there are hard days and hard things and struggles just like everyone has. But, I am more than content. Perfectly happy. Maybe that is the difference. It is never going to look perfect on paper--it is never going to be struggle free. But, I am perfectly happy in spite of it all. And I remembered just how perfectly happy today.

I love days like today.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Sometimes I look forward to going to bed so that I can reflect on a day like that.

;) said...

That's perfect happiness !!! A lesson of ife ;)