Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Corner View: Sweets

I am a sucker for all things sweet. Yum! When it comes to sweetness, perfection exists in Europe. I love French pastries, crepes, Belgian chocolates. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

Here in Utah, some of my very favorite sweets are Belgian waffles with ice cream and chocolate from Bruges Waffles. I've posted about their heavenly goodness before.

My very favorite sweet thing of all time, however, has to be my wedding cake. It was so yummy. Chocolate cake, white chocolate curls over sweet buttercream frosting. Delightful. It was moist and perfect. (If you attended my wedding and disagree--just don't tell me! :) ) Since it is from my wedding, it falls into the other definition of sweet, which is my hubby. Since it is Love Month, I thought I'd throw that in there.

For more sweetness, visit Jane for a list of links.

Happy February!

11 comments:

MisterE said...

Yes to all! I didn't have any cake but it looks just as good as described!

Daan said...

wow that's a Cake!

Mari Mansourian said...

your wedding cake looks fantastic and sounds yummy

Kari said...

what a beautiful cake. and sweet and moist is always good for cakes.

caitlin said...

Yum, your cake WAS good. I liked that I didn't have to gnaw through fondant. (We need to pay Bruges another visit when it warms up!)

la ninja said...

belgian choccies. hmmm. now.
that cake's nearly as big as an apartment block. yay. :)

likeschocolate said...

What a lovely cake. I have heard of this place before. I am going to have to google them and book mark it for next year when we come to Utah.

jane said...

what a beautiful cake. and it sounds delicious! happy love month!

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

Mmm, wedding cake!

Our wedding cake was lemon, which is my favorite cake flavor of all time. I was so glad when they offered to make us a one-year anniversary cake for free. DELICIOUS!

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

Mmm, wedding cake!

Our wedding cake was lemon, which is my favorite cake flavor of all time. I was so glad when they offered to make us a one-year anniversary cake for free. DELICIOUS!

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com

Annabel said...

The cake looks delicious! I love white chocolate. And I'd LOVE to taste one of those waffles!